Monday, July 16, 2012

And so it Begins

A few weeks ago I wrote a post on Obesity Help saying "When Will it End?"  Meaning the fast weight loss.  Up until 3 weeks ago I've lost 3-4lbs every week. At my now lower weight I knew I couldn't keep it up forever.  Well, it's happened.  Week before last I lost .4 lbs, then last week 4 (yeah!), then this week 1.2.  It's hard to see.  I work out SO MUCH and I'm good about my eating, though I know I could do better on my water intake, I just want to keep seeing those big numbers.

Next week I'm having breast reduction surgery.  While waiting until I reach goal would be ideal, my surgeon and I discussed it and he doesn't think there will be enough tissue left for my insurance to pay for it.  Insurance doesn't care if your boobs hang to your knees if they are deflated, it only counts if there is fat inside them.  So I decided to opt for smaller deflated boobs rather than bigger deflated boobs.  I'm quite excited about the end result but terrified of the 4-6 weeks of no exercise.  Not only is an exercise plan integral to my weight loss but it's also very important to my sane mind!  I no longer have a doughnut when I'm bored, I hop on the elliptical, I don't scarf down a package of Oreos (happy birthday btw) I go and run 5 miles.  And I now spend more time reading about proper weight training, and triathlon strategies than how to cook the perfect cupcake.  I like to exercise and I really don't like the thought of life without it.  I'm actually a little bit terrified of what's going to happen.  Maybe that's a good thing, and will help ensure that I stay on the straight and narrow with my eating.

It's been unbelievably hot here and the humidity has been out of this world.  Running, though my favorite past time, is not doing me well so I've changed it up a little.  I've added a lot more weight training this week (could conceivably have slowed down weight loss too) with both kettlebells and traditional weights.  Can I say that Bob Harper has a KILLER kettlebell workout that left me hobbling for 2 days.  I used to do it a lot before surgery but because running has sort of taken up my work out routine it's been gathering dust.  I brought it out Wed. upped my weight (10lbs) and WOW, was I in pain (a good pain mind you).  I also did one of his older Cario routines called Ultimate Cardio Body.  It uses weights and plyo.  While not up to a P90X level it is still a good heart pumping time and my arms and hamstrings were singing during the workout.

I'm sort of in this weird place right now, and rambling I know,  I feel like I should have lost more weight, that I should be closer to goal already, but I'm also very happy with where I am in the physical standpoint.  I can outrun people much more fit looking than I am.  Not sure quite how to end this as I feel sort of unsettled.  I know in the end something will happen and it will all work but right now, sitting in the middle, I feel almost like I'm failing.

No comments: